An ingredient that is known in the world of cosmetics today is hyaluronic acid. Surely more than once you have heard about its benefits. And it’s no surprise to consider that it’s one of the main factors responsible for keeping our skin looking young.
However, did you know that we have vegan alternatives to make our cosmetics? Here we explain the properties and benefits that this active ingredient of vegan origin can bring to your brand or line of cosmetics.
What is hyaluronic acid?
Our body naturally produces hyaluronic acid, with the aim of maintaining our body, such as joints or skin, and which helps maintain water reserves to promote mobility and increase cell regeneration.
With the progress of age, hydration, elasticity and firmness are lost, leaving the skin more flaccid and with the appearance of wrinkles.
Benefits of hyaluronic acid for our skin
- Creates a film that keeps the skin hydrated and prevents transepidermal loss
- Maintains the structure of the skin and nourishes our fibers that ensure a correct renewal cycle
- Balances the water and hydration of the skin in order to activate the skin’s natural defense system with superior protection against free radicals (mainly responsible for cell oxidation and premature aging)
- Moisturizes so that the cells are nourished and can carry out their purification and regeneration functions (reducing the appearance of wrinkles and blemishes).
- The higher the hyaluronic acid in the skin, the more collagen it produces. Therefore, wrinkles will be reduced thanks to the anti-aging effect.
Vegan Hyaluronic Acid
Vegan hyaluronic acid is obtained from plant-based raw materials. Thanks to technology advancing, therefore no animal ingredients are used anymore.
All this is due to biotechnology, which is what makes possible the fermentation of bacteria, resulting in the obtaining of vegan hyaluronic acid with compositions similar to that of our skin.
Thanks to this type of process, they give rise to hygienic creations that preserve our commitment to the environment in which we live.
MS Cosmetic Laboratories, we help you incorporate this active ingredient into your product line
At MS Lab Cosmetics (MS Lab), we are specialists in the creation and formulation of cosmetic products. We advise you on the implementation of this active ingredient in the entire range of cosmetics you want.